Thursday, February 4, 2010

Have a sip of coffee!

Coffee, -some people call it the German national drink-, happens to grow in the region of India I have made my new home: Kerala.
In Germany, we love to sit and chat over a cup of coffee for hours. Cafes, therefore, are popular places to hang out. Here, you can catch up with friends and have elaborate conversations, but here, you can also observe lots of things going on around; the café as micro-cosmos offers insights into the ordinary things of life, which make life so special at the same time.
Living as a German in India gives me the privilege to observe numerous things in ordinary life almost every day. Life here is never boring and I enjoy every minute being part of such a vibrant country.
An Indian might not even notice what strikes me here; likewise I might be blind to the extra-ordinary small things happening in Germany day in and day out. So, I take the liberty to collect things happening around me that seem special and interesting to share with others.
I hope the blog will be entertaining and informative for both, people in India and outside. I would like people to keep on mind that I am not only the writer of the blog post, but very often the person to whom the incident behind the post occurred. Therefore, please show lenience in case of any one-sidedness or subjectivity.

Welcome to my little café! Step in, stay for a while, and enjoy reading! It will be great to receive your observations and feedback in form of any kind of comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism.

No comments: